Interior Foundation Problems
Your home is your biggest investment, it protects you from storms, keeps you warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer. It helps to make memories for yourself and your family. These things would not be possible without a good foundation. The foundation of a home, however, is only as good as the soil or ground it is built on. Over time the ground beneath your home can settle or erode causing the foundation to shift. The movement of the ground can damage the structure of your home.
Identifying Interior Signs of Foundation Issues
There are several identifiers from the interior of your home that you can look for to tell whether your foundation is shifting. These signs are as follows;
- Cracks in interior wall(s) – when your foundation of your home starts shifting or settling cracks may appear in the interior wall.
- Uneven floors – When the foundation of your home is shifting or settling it can cause your floors to become unlevel.
- Windows and Doors sticking – When the foundation of your home starts shifting or settling windows and doors become unlevel.
- Floors sagging – The floors of your home may start sagging or creaking. We can give your floors more support and keep them from sagging.
- Crack in concrete slab – Concrete slabs can settle and become uneven and crack over time.
- Bowing basement walls – Soil around your home being over saturated with water can cause to much pressure for the foundation wall which can cause them to bow, crack or even eventually collapse.
- Wall Braces – When water builds up in the soil around your home can cause hydrostatic pressure which can cause leaning, bowing walls, and cracks allowing water to come into your basement.
- Helical tie backs – Wen you need to straighten a leaning or bowing wall we can use helical tie backs. Helical tie backs screw into your soil and become an anchor to help stabilize and support the wall to prevent future crack.
Examples of Interior Signs