Here at Foundation Repairs and Home Improvement our team has identified and resolved many waterproofing problems experienced by homeowners throughout the years. There are a variety of common water problems that can occur and a number of signs that indicate a potential water problem is in the making.
At Foundation Repairs and Home Improvement we are committed to providing the highest quality waterproofing services to all our valued clients. Our technicians will identify the source of your problem and provide you with effective solutions. We are on hand to answer all your questions and address your every concern and to help you understand the impact that waterproofing problems can have on your home, your family and even your health. Here are some of the more common problems that many homeowners here in Bessemer are challenged with:
COMMON WATERPROOFING PROBLEMS
- Foundation wall leaks – Many of the older homes here in Bessemer, Alabama, were built using concrete blocks rather than the modern day poured concrete foundation used in newer homes today. Over an extended period of time, the mortar that is used to hold the concrete blocks together begins to wear out and even crumble resulting in cracks in the walls that allow water to seep into your home and cause water damage.
- Sump pump issues – If you are one of the many homeowners who have invested in a sump pump, then it is important to be aware of the simple fact that when your sump pump fails to work properly, a variety of water problems can occur. With this in mind, the professionals here at Foundation Repairs and Home Improvement highly recommended you schedule an annual inspection of your sump pump to ensure it is performing at peak levels and will not fail causing costly water problems in your home and to your pocketbook.
- Floor seepage – Typically, after a heavy rain storm, homeowners will notice water seeping into their home through the floors. This happens because the heavy rains cause an increase in the water table that is beneath your home’s foundation. The increased table can then pave the way for water to seep in through cracks either in the floor itself or the joints.
- Grading issues – After a heavy rain storm, water will pool near to the foundation of your home if the grading is not sloped away from your house. When this occurs, the water finds its way into your home through the joints and existing cracks.
- Window wells that overflow – If you notice the window wells overflowing, chances are the water will come into your home through any type of opening and can cause significant problems.
SIGNS AND INDICATORS
When a water problem is not so obvious, there are a number of signs homeowners should be aware of that indicate the presence of an existing water problem or the potential for a significant water problem over time. Some of those common indicators include:
- Condensation on pipes
- Sagging floors
- Musty smells
- High humidity in your living space
- The presence of mold or mildew
If you notice any of the above indicators, then chances are you are experiencing waterproofing problems in your home and need to take time out to contact the professionals here at Foundation Repairs and Home Improvement. Our certified team of experts is steadfast in our commitment to identify the root of the problem and provide you with affordable, effective solutions.
If you have existing water problems in your home that require professional waterproofing or are aware of potential water problems, then surely you have come to the right place. Give a shout out to our staff today and schedule your free consultation and inspection. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round solutions this side of Bessemer for all your waterproofing problems!